Requirements for the papers submitted in English
for the publication in the proceedings of the International Conference
“Collection in the Space of Culture”
The deadline for the paper submission is January 30, 2018
- Only original, previously unpublished materials must be submitted.
- The author should state the objectives of the work, provide an adequate background, the main research results and conclusions.
- Papers should be submitted in electronic format to the email email@example.com as a .doc file, with Times New Roman font.
- Paper structure:
Author's name (12 font size);
Paper title (12 font size);
Following a single interline: an abstract, approximately 500—1000 characters including spaces (10 font size). The abstract is supposed to sufficiently reveal the paper content and it should not contain the paper’s title or separate sentences from the text.
Following a single interline: the key words, 5—7 words (10 font size);
Following a double interline: the text of the paper.
- For the text of the paper: the font size — 14, single line spacing, no hyphenation, paragraph indention —1.27 cm.
- Boldface or italic type should be used to highlight text if necessary.
- The order of figures in the text must be marked as follows: Fig.1., etc.
- The numbered image-related captions are submitted as separate .doc files, in Times New Roman font, with the author's surname in the title of the file (e.g., Ivanov_images).
- The number of figures is recommended to be 20. The figures must be saved as separate .jpg or .tiff files with the resolution of no less than 300 dpi. The figure size should be no less than 8 by 8 cm.
- The recommended length of the paper (including notes and the reference list) should be from 0.5 (20,000 printed characters including spaces) to 1 author's sheet (40,000 printed characters with spaces).
- Works cited must be given in the text in round brackets with the author's name, year of the publication and the page number (Smirnov, 1990, p. 453).
- The list of references should be compiled in the alphabetical order and placed after the text. It is executed in accordance with the Harvard Citation Style (Harvard System of Referencing Guide).
- Brief information about the author(s) (name, affiliation, position, e-mail) is to be put after the reference list.
- The papers submitted will undergo a peer review. The reviewer's name is neither published nor provided to the author. The review is subject to the approval of the book's editorial board.
- Once the proceedings are published, the publishing organisation (Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum) will grant the author an issue.