Call for papers
“COLLECTION IN THE SPACE OF CULTURE”
Kaliningrad Amber Regional Museum is pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the International Conference “Collection in the Space of Culture”, which will be held from 18 to 21 September 2017.
The Conference will explore the topics dealing with the formation, conservation and dispersal of museum and private collections in the culture of past and present.
We invite museum professionals, private collectors, academics and researchers to share ideas and case studies results concerning the Conference theme.
Conference focus area: museology, cultural studies, history of arts, history of science etc.
Main Conference Themes
- History of collecting and collections.
- Private collecting and the birth of the museum.
- Notable collections in the history of world cultures.
- Historical collecting practices.
- The collectable: its applied relevance, cultural content and aesthetic value.
- Collecting as a social and cultural phenomenon.
- Cultural semantics of collections.
- Collecting and cultural memory.
- Forgotten collections: revival and restoration.
- Reconstruction of lost collections.
- Collections display and space in historical and contemporary museums.
- The museum as heterotopia.
- Catalogues of collections.
- Interpreting and reinterpreting collections.
- Collecting in the light of material culture studies.
- Collections and collecting in literature and the arts.
- “Open Collection”. Access policies and collections in contemporary museums.
- The economy of collections: collections in light of production, distribution, exchange and consumption practices.
- The contemporary art market, auction, museums and private collectors.
We are especially interested in papers that address the themes related to specialty of our Museum:
- Amber as a collectable.
- Amber in museums and private collections.
- Königsberg / Kaliningrad: Collections of amber in the history of the city.
We are happy also to consider other proposals. Please, contact the organizers firstname.lastname@example.org
The official languages of the conference are Russian and English.
The Organizing Committee is inviting proposals for paper presentations by 30 March 2017. Abstract in Russian or English should be submitted online: http://www.csc2017.ambermuseum.ru/en/home/submission
Attention! The proposals for paper presentations and abstract submission deadline has been extended to 30 April 2017.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to accept or reject papers that do not comply with the academic standards of the Conference.
Everyone who is informed of the paper acceptance by the Organizing Committee and who wishes to attend the conference is to register before
15 May 2017 30 May 2017 and pay registration fee which amounts to 3500 Russian roubles (or 50 euros, or 55 US dollars) Please follow the instructions Registration.
Registration fee for accompanying persons amounts to 2100 Russian roubles (30 euros; 35 US dollars).
Conference registration fee includes access to all conference sessions and other events, materials of the conference, publication of abstracts in the Conference Proceedings and all-day coffee breaks.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Conference Program Coordinator Dr. Irina Polyakova email@example.com
Organizing committee address:
Marshall Vasilevskiy Sq. 1, 236016 Kaliningrad, Russia.
tel./fax +7 4012 466-550
tel./fax +7 4012 466-888
Further information regarding the Conference will be provided on the Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum website in due course: http://www.csc2017.ambermuseum.ru/en/
We are looking forward to seeing you at our Conference!
Chairperson of the Organizing Committee